Tuesday, October 25, 2011

FACEBOOK - ERADICATION

I did it.
I actually did it.
After procrastinating for approximately 1 year & having the thought bubbling away in the back of my brain..
I got myself an injection of Dutch courage & did it.
Not a literal injection you crazies! It's a metaphor. Dutch courage comes from within oneself.
(All you need is 20 seconds of insane courage & something good will come of it. I promise. That goes for a lot of things actually... put yourself out there, take the chance & see where it leads you. Often you'll get pleasantly surprised & wonder why you never took the chance earlier.)
What the hell am i talking about?
Well.. if the heading didn't already give it away... *drum roll please
A little over a month ago, i deleted my Facebook account!
I've been dry for almost.. 6 weeks i think.
But who's counting?
The reasons i deleted it, you really want to know?
Let's get one thing clear straight up- it was nothing personal against anyone on there.
I definitely still love you.
This decision was purely because i wanted to remove myself from the equation & just have a bit of a break from the constant stream of information, sometimes useless information, which i was definitely guilty of time & time again!
I'm the first to admit this.
And also i much prefer receiving a text or a nice phone call instead of someone posting a comment on my wall or poking me. (Whether i wanted to be poked or not.. )
Then theres that whole scenario where you meet someone new for the first time & they exclaim 'OH! Nice to finally meet you, I see you on Facebook all the time!' (and what they don't tell you is '..and i have already prejudged you on what i have seen on Facebook.' Preconception. It's ok, don't give me a chance to give you a proper first impression in person. That's totally fine. You've clearly already made up your mind about me anyway.)
To the people who sent me a text asking 'OMG!! Did you delete your FB? Is everything ok?!'
Yes. I am totally fine, nothing bad happened. Thankyou.
***
My new addiction now that Facebook is out of my life?
I thought you'd never ask:
http://www.lookbook.nu/
*Gawk!
You didn't honestly think that after deleting Facebook i would be sitting here all day long just twirling my long blonde hair & sipping lattes now did you? As fun as that is!
Silly! You know me better than that.
Not even sure how i stumbled across Lookbook, but what i do know is that it was love at first sight.
Some of the outfits on there are out of this world! Gorgeous.
I'm only brand new to it & it's highly intimidating. Yes.
Did i just say that? I am intimidated.
Little old me who doesn't get intimidated by anyone or anything.
Or if i did, you would never actually know it because I'm too stubborn to let my guard down far enough for that to be revealed to you. A girls got to have some secrets!
Let me get something clear, it's not so much intimidated by peoples looks as such, although there are many beauties on there, it's more intimidation of their amazing style & creativity in putting outfits together.
Perhaps it's jealousy & intimidation mixed with awe & respect..
Check it out for yourselves.
Inspire me!
Having said all of that.... I'll probably be back on Facebook by the end of the month!
xox

No comments:

Post a Comment