Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Marry me off. I dare you.

To my single friends:
Do people- friends, relatives, work colleagues- try to marry you off to random strangers?
It happens to me all the time.
For instance, last week a tradesmen came to my work to pick up something.. no, not me, & the lady i work with decided that he was a 'bit of alright' & that i should show some interest in him.
I didn't look twice at the guy.
The lady who made this suggestion is in her 50's.
Why do i suddenly get the feeling she is living, or atleast attempting to live, vicariously through me??
Perhaps it's because over the last few weeks whenever a new guy has come into the office, whether they be a young tradesman or someone signing some paperwork, she gives me the old wink from behind her computer screen & informs me 'Ooh, he seems like a nice young man for you!'











Darling.
What in the world makes you think that 1: i would take you seriously, 2: that i would take you seriously! or 3: that you know what I'm looking for.
Only i hold the key to that.
And i hold that key very close to my heart.
It also might make you wonder when people do this to you that 'hey, wait a minute.. do you think i am not capable of trawling through people to find someone who I actually really want?'
Are you dissing me as a person?!
That's a little extreme & honestly, i don't think that myself.
But do you sometimes think along those lines?
Does my friend/ work colleague think i am not capable of finding someone amazing & in turn making it quite clear that, YES! I am interested in them?
But then, when you do actually like someone, there's those people who tell you 'Oh, you deserve so much better than that person!' or 'You could do so much better than him, you deserve someone amazing!'
(Yes. I too am guilty of verbalising this on rare occasions. Yes I am protective to my friends & loyal.)
Even my boss said to me recently that any 'Prospects' will have to 'get passed him.'
Whats interesting is the people who make these remarks, never actually have a 'better' suggestion. They're purely telling me i 'could do better.'
The most annoying thing is, whenever i have liked a guy, i have always been told that he wasn't good enough for me & that i deserve much better than him.
Every guy I've ever liked, every one of them.
Are you serious? Who's to judge that?
Ahh, scusi' i know that comes from the kindness of your deep, deep heart, but if I'm interested in someone, it's not exactly any of your business.  And, shock horror...
To me, they are an amazing, smart, funny person.
That's why i like them in the first place. SURPRISE!
It's not some huge secret. I'm actually pretty easy to please.
If you wow me with life stories, you make me feel inadequate because of the big words you use (but i am secretly in awe) & you make me laugh, really laugh, from the depths of my soul...
You're in!
xox
ps- Don't get me wrong.. I'm open to any suggestions you may have! Go on, marry me off. I dare you.

No comments:

Post a Comment