Tuesday, October 11, 2011

...and now for something different! (i hear you say 'It's about time!')

So because i like to mix things up & keep it interesting..
~this goes for everything in my life by the way~
I have decided today's blog will be totally different to what i usually do & what you guys are accustomed to.
You see a couple of weeks ago i went away for the weekend to Bendigo.
Ahhhh. Escape.
Totally bliss.
Bendigo.
Quaint town in the middle of Victoria.
What drew me here this sunny weekend? My aunty & uncle live here & they wrote a book.
Yes. An entire book.
I was in town for their book launch.
Ta Daa!
(Yes, i agree with what you are thinking- clearly, my aunty got the brains of the family. Yes. *Sigh.)
Pretty exciting!
I've never been to a book launch before & my aunty & uncle had never had a book launch before.
The book is about Tibetan refugee's who had to escape their homeland~ Tibet, obviously~ when China took over. They travelled on foot over the Himalayan Mountains into India where they have now been living for over fifty years. My aunty & uncle sponsor a family & the proceeds of their book, which they had to publish themselves because no one else would, will go to help the refugees have a 'normal' happy life.
The book is beautiful- full of photos & artwork that my aunt & uncle did all themselves.
It is 100% purely all theirs.
An article in the local paper can be found here:
While i was in town I stayed at this gorgeous lil' bed & breakfast.
Absolutely fantastic. So much character, cosy, homey & good spot close town. http://www.blissb.com.au/
The owner even gave us art supplies, which i took full advantage of.
It has been years since I've sketched/drawn/painted.
It was good to get the arty juices flowing once again.
Theres something peaceful about sketching & being in your 'own little world' while doing so. It has a calming effect & makes you forget about your current woes.
Here's the something different, a whole stack of photos that i took around town.
It's very easy to take beautiful photos here.
I hope you like them.
:)
xox


 
The following day, their book was already in the local Dymocks Bookstore. 


The End.
xox

No comments:

Post a Comment