Wednesday, September 21, 2011

I'm Sorry.

Such little words, such a big impact on life.
They can make you or break you to pieces.
When someone says:
ie: I'm sorry i hurt you/ I'm sorry i called you that/ I'm sorry i was inconsiderate of you..
OR
I'm sorry, we're just not meant to be together/  I'm sorry, it's not you, it's me..
See, it can make or break you!
But what if you are the one apologising.
Even on a good day it can be hard to do.
I'm not talking about the 'Sorry i rammed my trolley into the back of your legs' at the supermarket type thing.
I mean things that actually matter.
(not that you can get away with ramming your trolley into someone without an apology, that's just rude..)
To humble yourself, put pride & ego aside.. yuck, no one wants to come across as being soft or a pushover but if it's going to be a genuine apology, then get with it.
I had to do this recently.
Le sigh*
I am an embarrassment to myself at times!
You know when you say something that is highly inconsiderate of the person you are saying it to & it's something that could cut them to the bone in an instant?
That was me.
*Ouch, baby, ouch.
I am not stoked about my actions in any way shape or form.
I'm sorry.
...being me (yes, I'm the first to admit I am a bit slow on the uptake, even at the best of times) it only took about 1hr for me to realise I was in fact in the wrong.
Ah crap.
And then you go into that instant meltdown feeling where you have to absolutely fix the problem/apologise before it escalates into something that it should never have been in the first place & you go into overdrive & you feel like the worst person in the history of human LIFE.. yeah. 
But once the penny had dropped- I apologised instantly.
Apology accepted.
And it felt good.
Le Fin.
xox

No comments:

Post a Comment