Thursday, June 16, 2011

"GOOD THINGS COME TO THOSE WHO WAIT"

Damn straight.
I lived this when i flew home from Sydney - Melbourne.
Flying Tiger, ofcourse, because I'm cheap.
(no.. not cheap in THAT way you dirty blog reader of mine! ..even though i do wear a handcuff bracelet.. but that's another story.)
After a ride in a taxi where the driver told me 'You need a husband with a good job & a good heart.' I Arrived at the airport.
Flight cancelled. Brilliant.
Line up at Tiger for almost... 2hours i think.
Patience is definitely a virtue.
There was an older chick a few people behind me who was having a rant on her mobile about how rubbish it all was, talking loudly, abruptly, annoyingly, swearing.. you get the point.
What are you going to do love?? Make a scene and look like an absolute idiot while doing so? Mission accomplished, sweetie.
So because i couldn't change the situation & i was definitely going to be in line for a long time, i made the most of it.
Earphones in. Music on. *Possibly dancing away to the beats.. not a care in the world!
Its my turn to go to the counter. I'm ecstatic!
Finally i get to find out if A: I'm getting on a flight home tonight. B: sleeping in the airport overnight. C:booking myself a train ticket home for the following day.
*PAUSE POST*
~here's a lil extra info for you: although my first & only (thus far..) boyfriend was 2.5years younger than me, i have ALWAYS been more attracted to older guys. ALWAYS.~
*RESUME POST*
I walk up to the counter. Lovely guy. I'd say in his 30's. Sparkly, friendly eyes. Dimples. Big smile.
I'm all friendly & start chatting away to him while he gets me onto a flight home that evening to Avalon airport. I'm stoked.
He's been working from 2pm - 9pm.
No break. No food. No nothing.
Poor love.
Hands me my boarding pass & apologises for the 2hr wait.
No worries mate, its not your fault :) have a good night.
I venture through to customs. Take off all my metal including my handcuff bracelet & place it in the x-ray tray.
'Scuse me Miss, but you can't take this bracelet on the plane with you because it is a replica of a weapon. If you want to keep it, you'll have to go back to the check in
counter & check your bags in.'
This, friends, is the LAST thing you want to hear.
I got this bracelet from the Portobello Road Markets in London.
I definitely am not giving it up.
I head back to check in. Fuming.
There are 2 lines. One for Tullamarine Airport & one
for Avalon Airport.
Now that i am checked in for Avalon Airport, i go straight to the front of the very short line.
My lovely check in guy comes over & is like 'Sorry guys, we're getting everyone all in the one queue now,
you'll have to move over there.'
I say 'You JUST checked me in, like 5 minutes ago.
I need to check in my bag please.'
He remembered me.
(I've discovered it pays to be friendly to your check in guy)
I am informed that because i haven't paid for luggage,
i am now up for $70.
They don't take eftpos.
Only cash or credit card.
Oh, and if you use credit card, it's an extra $6.
Lovely.
To lighten any situation, i always try to make someone laugh/smile.
'Looks like its credit card then.. unless you'll accept $15 cash?!'
Clearly joking with the gorgeous man.
He seemed to take a liking towards me and said
'In all the confusion... i *forgot* to charge you for the baggage.' :)
*SHOCKED! I actually gasped & had the biggest smile on my dial.
'You're a good man. Thankyou. Have a great night :) '
Also, there will be a couple more posts about Sydney.
In no particular order.
ps- I love you and i love Sydney.
XOX

No comments:

Post a Comment