Monday, February 28, 2011

I LOVE ITALIAN. IT IS THE END OF LIFE AS I KNOW IT!

So.
A girls gotta eat. Right? HELL YEAH SHE DOES.
And after conquering Sydney Harbour Bridge,
(see previous post) she is ravenous.
We checked out this groovy Italian restaurant in Paddington.
La Scala.
http://www.lascalaonjersey.com.au/page/restaurant.html
We had actually been here briefly the night before for a quickie Negroni cocktail & had met some staff, who were super friendly. Possibly a little over friendly.. hmm
We had decided to go back the following night for dinner.
On our arrival, darling Andy- who we had met the night before, greeted us warmly with a big smile & a kiss on the cheek.
This was a first for me.
I had walked into a restaurant & the manager had not only remembered me from the night before, he remembered my name & proceeded to give me a kiss on the cheek.
Talk about a good salesman, he made me feel like royalty! I never wanted to leave. I wanted to sample everything on the menu, just because he was uber nice to us.
And what can i say, he did give us our dessert 'on the house'
No complaints from us.
IT WAS BLISS.
Gorgeous interior, amazing atmosphere & Andy telling me he thought there was something strange about me when he discovered that i am from Melbourne & although i am not left handed, i eat left handed.
Knife in left. Fork in right.
It just works.
Anyway, check La Scala out if you are ever gracing the shores of Sydney!
The lamb is to die for.

No comments:

Post a Comment