Monday, February 28, 2011

I WILL NEVER FORGET YOU, SYDNEY!

AHHHHH, to be young, fancy free & footlose is a good life.
So, so much fun can be had when you jampack everything
humanly possible into a couple of short days in Sydney.
This is one of my many stories from just one weekend in Sydney.
I was visiting a friend & i always wanted to climb the bridge.
Yes.
THE SYDNEY HARBOUR BRIDGE.
Seriously.
Who even does that?
Well, apart from movie stars & Oprah along with her 300 Americano tourists? Who else do you know who has climbed it?
I can think of... ZERO.
MISSION ACCEPTED!
After some wine, cocktails, dancing & a rather late night
*cough4amcough* the night before,
the last thing your body wants to do is get up at
7am to climb a bridge for 3.5hrs.
But, being a stubborn Dutchie, this only made me want to prove to myself that i can definitely do it. A walk in the park. What a breeze!
You know what, it was bloody brilliant!
Now, im not scared of heights, but i was still wondering if i would get a flutter of butterflies in the belly or a twinge of nerves race
through my body during the climb.
But i got nothing.
Not even the slightest little twinge when we are walking over what
seems to be wire mesh.
Not a twinge when we came out on top to make the hike up to the summit.
I was simply, fine.
It is absolutely SPECTACULAR.
The bridge, the harbour, the opera house, the city skyline, looking one way to the horizon you spot bondi beach, looking the opposite way you can see the blue mountains.
Utterly breathtaking in every possible way.
I love, LOVE being up high & being able to see everything.
No matter where i am.

No comments:

Post a Comment