Monday, September 24, 2012

Fake a sickie & hang out with me!

Have you ever been persuaded by a friend to 'Fake a sickie' from work or school & spend the day with them instead?
Who am i kidding.
You are the person asking that of your friend aren't you?
Yes?
I figured as much.
Human nature is a funny thing isn't it? And no, I'm not making reference to the band.
I think it's safe to say we've all been there, done that.
What i was wondering though, is why we do this.
Whether we're the one asking or we're the one making 'that' phone call to the boss, what makes us even consider doing this?
And besides that, what right do you have to ask me to fake a sickie?
Recently i was chatting with a friend about this subject & it got me thinking.
Why would someone want me to miss out on a full days pay just so i could spend some time with them instead.
It's not like we haven't been up in each other's grille enough lately anyway & now you want me to fake a sickie to hang out some more.
Right.
What does it even mean when we want, nay, persuade our friend to do this.
Does it mean anything? Nothing?
Depending on the circumstances, is it almost viewed as a loyalty test as to what you put first in your life~
The quality time Vs that pocket change you'll earn in one day.
Deciding whats more important in life.
~I think my choice has been made quite clear~
As you may not realise, i am one of the lucky ones who works part-time.
It would be a lie if i said i had never asked anyone to fake a sickie & hang out with me instead!
Think of all the fun things we could do!
I could come over to your house in the morning, softly wake you up & whisk you away for a day of fun!
Coffee? Let's go! A movie? Sure thing! An adventure into the woods? I thought you'd never ask!





















So, who's faking a sickie & hanging out with me tomorrow then?
xox

1 comment:

  1. nice ,I would in a flash, but permanent sickie for the families benifit

    ReplyDelete