Thursday, April 7, 2011

SO WHATS WITH THE WHOLE INDIE/HIPSTER THING THESE DAYS et'cetera.

I'm dead serious.
Since when did looking like a nerd/homeless person
become 'cool' as they say?
I must've missed that memo.
Nerds used to get beat up at school.
And homeless people are just plain dirty.
We want to be like them.... why?!
(while we're at is, who is 'they' as we all quote?
'they' say.. blahh blahh)
So many people are trying to be as individual as possible & in their attempts to do so, they only become like
everyone else around them.
Then theres the whole cool, but not cool thing.
People who are trying to be cool, by not being cool, in the hope that they will be cool.
Although, no true indie person would ever admit to this.
Have i lost you yet?
Its a circle, just keeps going round.
Bangs, fake reading glasses, cider, fixie bikes taking over the world, shirts buttoned all the way up, photos of ourselves with hands by our sides and zero expression, necklaces down to our belly buttons, shoes & no socks (how do you not get blisters i wonder) the list goes on..
 I promise you, dear reader, right here right now that i am not dissing this movement whatsoever.
I think I am more intriguied by it.
Where did it all come from..
Or am i just saying all of this because i am secretly trying to be cool by not trying at all?
Probably.
(But i'd never admit to that.)

1 comment:

  1. I've been accused of being "hipster" from time to time and it used to piss me off but I don't care anymore. I wear skinny jeans and flannel button-ups, thick glasses, etc. It's just the style I like. I dress how I want and that's how I choose to dress. I don't look homeless and I've always been a nerd so it's not a big deal to me. As cliche as it may sound, I think people should feel free to dress how they want without being criticized.

    ReplyDelete